A message from our family to yours about Covid-19
We at Russon Mortuary want you to know that the health and safety of the families we serve as well as our employees are our top priority.
We are following instruction and guidance from both National and Local Government leaders as well as keeping up with updates form the CDC (Center of Disease Control), the NFDA (National Funeral Directors Association) and the UFDA (Utah Funeral Directors Association). Following the guidelines given, we are taking proactive measures to help our community stay safe and healthy but also give, as much as possible, a dignified and honorable service. These measures are to help prevent the spread of potential illness and keep our facilities safe and ready to serve your families.
Please know, according to the CDC, at this time, there is no known risk associated with being in the same room at a funeral or visitation service with the body of someone who died of confirmed or suspected COVID-19; however, federal, state and local public health guidance impact the size of gathering a family is able to plan. Depending on a family’s preferences, their loved one can be safely embalmed. Families may choose either burial or cremation as usual.
We want you to know:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning, with particular attention to disinfecting high-touch items in public areas multiple times each day.
- Sick employees are instructed to stay home, and our teams are reminded that proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses.
- You will also find soap, hand sanitizer, and tissues throughout our buildings.
- We are doing arrangements by phone or email.
- We are limiting the size of viewings and graveside services to meet the State and Federal guidelines.
We know this is a difficult time and services are not the what we are used to. Though we are limited on how much we can do, we will serve families with the same care and professionalism like we always strive to do.
We at Russon Mortuary are truly honored to serve our community! Be safe and please call any of our locations if you have any questions.
Russon Mortuary Ownership
Chad Russon, Tyler Russon, Matt Russon and Todd Russon